Photo: Paul Warner / Getty
DETROIT, May 18, 2021 ~ The Ford Fireworks will be a TV-only event again this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We are proud to bring the Ford Fireworks to our community in a very special way,” The Parade Company CEO Tony Micheals said. b“We have an unwavering commitment to this tradition, which has brought us together as one for over six decades.”
According to The Parade Company, the fireworks will be set off at Lake St. Clair Metropark on June 28. The park will be off-limits to the public the entire day.
May 18, 2021 ~ The Parade Company President & CEO Tony Michaels and the Director of Community Development for the Ford Fund Pamela Alexander tell Paul W. that this year’s Ford Fireworks will be on WDIV on June 28th.
“Ford is honored to be a longtime supporter of this annual event that celebrates and unites people and communities across Southeast Michigan,” said president of the Ford Motor Company Fund Mary Culler. “During this year’s fireworks, we are planning a special salute to teachers and educators throughout Metro-Detroit who have done so much to help our youth get through this challenging year.”
This year is the 63rd year the event has been held. Last year, the fireworks were postponed but then held later in the summer at an undisclosed location.
The annual fireworks display is expected to return to in-person viewing in 2022.