760 WJR was pleased to partner with the Detroit Medical Center in promotion of American Heart Month!
Throughout February, heart health experts from the DMC helped to bring you tips and advice that could help you live a healthier, happier, and longer life.
Don’t Become Another Statistic! Get Your Heart Checked!
The DMC and our own Guy Gordon presented live from the lobby of the Fisher Building, covering DMC health professionals who provided non-invasive heart screenings.
Ken Opalewski details his wonderful cardiac rehabilitation experience at the DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan.
Kathryn Gornick is 88 years young. She explains how her TAVR procedure at the DMC Heart Hospital has allowed her to keep doing what she loves doing … ballroom dancing!
- A heart attack occurs about every 40-seconds.
- Cardiovascular disease in the U.S. kills approximately one woman every 80-seconds.
- Cardiovascular disease (heart disease and stroke combined) kills about 2,300 a day.
- Heart disease kills more individuals than all forms of cancer combined.
- 83% of people believe that heart attacks can be prevented but aren’t motivated to do anything.
- 72% of Americans don’t consider themselves at risk for heart disease.
- 58% of persons put no effort into improving their heart health at all.
DMC Free Heart Screen
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
Noon to 5 p.m.
The Fisher Building
3011 West Grand Blvd., Detroit, MI 48202